Cyber Wales Innovation Competition 2020
Cyber Wales in partnership with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) are please to announce the launch of our first competition to find the Most Innovative Cyber Security Company in Wales.
This competition is open to any organisation with an INNOVATIVE PRODUCT OR SERVICE that contributes to the battle against the rising cyber threat. We are looking to find Welsh businesses that are innovating in the cyber security space with the winner receiving;
- Cyber Wales Award for Most Innovative Cyber Company in Wales 2020.
- A stall in the Cyber Innovation Zone at CyberUK 2020 in Newport where the winner will join 11 other companies selected by DCMS as part of the CyberDen Competition.
Note: There is registration fee of £300 payable by the winning company to the event organiser. The exhibition package will be funded, however no funding is offered for additional materials (ie stall dressing, promo material etc).
- The opportunity to pitch at the CyberDen Competition taking place at CyberUK 2020.
- The opportunity to spend a week at the NCSC Cyber Accelerator in Cheltenham.
About CyberUK 2020
The National Cyber Security Centre will host CYBERUK 2020 – our first conference of the new decade – in Newport, Wales.
Wales has a thriving cyber security sector characterised by internationally renowned academic excellence, multinational security businesses and a large, cohesive SME network encapsulated in the Wales Cyber Security Clusters.
The brand new, state-of-the-art International Convention Centre Wales in Newport is an ideal location for the NCSC’s flagship event. The South Wales region is widely recognised as one of the primary locations in the UK for research and development, and the commercialisation of cyber related technologies and services.
On 19 and 20 May, CYBERUK 2020 will welcome the UK’s cyber security community alongside partners from across the globe. The programme will feature world-class content and themed around the key emerging issues: a fast-evolving landscape for technology, threats and national resilience.
The event will provide a dynamic forum to challenge thinking, create debate and encourage collaboration with expert speakers, interactive workshops and networking opportunities.
As the national technical authority for cyber security, we look forward to a new decade with great optimism for the future.
We would like to thank all exhibitors and sponsors for their ongoing support and I look forward to welcoming you to CYBERUK 2020.
Ciaran Martin, CEO NCSC
About the NCSC Cyber Accelerator
The NCSC Cyber Accelerator, part of the Cheltenham Innovation Centre, is just one deliverable set out in the National Cyber Security Strategy. The Accelerator supports the growth of start-up cyber companies who aim to bring new ‘better, faster and cheaper’ security products to market. It aims to support the emerging cyber security industry within the UK, encouraging skills, jobs and growth.
Participating start-ups are chosen through open competition using technical challenges written by technical leaders within the NCSC. These challenges identify areas of cyber security weakness where new products are needed. Those participating receive commercial growth opportunities as well as mentoring and advice from the NCSC itself.
So, are you interested in getting your business involved? The Cyber Accelerator can help your business meet its security challenges through:
- shaping technical challenges to bring a focus to areas of interest;
- working together and directly with start-up companies to influence their products
- providing technical leadership and influence to encourage the growing cyber eco-system
How to Enter
Competition Entry Criteria
- Entrants must be an SME (less than 50 employees and less than £10million turnover)
- Entrants must be headquartered in Wales
- Entrants must be able to demonstrate that their innovation is actively in use by customers
- Entrants must not have recieved direct assistance or collaboration from NCSC in the past
Entries Close: Friday 27th March 2020