Cybersecurity-themed seminar at the British Embassy Oslo on the 25th of October:
The 4-hour seminar will:
- Highlight issues regarding the threat of sabotage in the form of cyber-attacks of Norwegian critical national infrastructure (CNI) both in the air, sea and land domain
- Allow for UK government stakeholders to vouch for UK Cyber capabilities they are using and promote these to their Norwegian counterparts (TBC)
- Allow for a group of relevant UK companies to showcase their capabilities to a targeted Norwegian audience
- Share best practices and information sharing through 3-4 speaker sessions and in a panel discussion
Guests will include UK and Norwegian government and public officials with security and procurement roles, industry, and Norwegian CNI companies (TBC). It will be a 4,5-hour event from 08.30 - 13.00, and will include breakfast & coffee, main part, and standing lunch & networking.
The main objective will be for UK industry to meet with potential customers (influencers or decision makers) and to see where their capabilities can fit into future planned projects in Norway.
Speaking topics (TBC):
- Context and threat landscape – the war in Ukraine and increasing Norwegian energy supply to Europe
- 2022 Nord Stream pipeline sabotage & the vulnerability of undersea infrastructure
- The threat of disruption of CNI (including: disruption of services/operations, data loss, failure of automation systems, sabotage, damage to infrastructure, equipment and machines).
- Cyber security in the Armed Forces
- Securing satellites and Satcom from cyber attacks at all parts of their value chain
- Solving the challenge of limited telecommunication systems
- General security and preparedness in the maritime domain
The event will be hosted by the UK Department for Business and Trade. They are aiming for 10 UK companies to participate in the event, and are looking specifically to invite companies who can provide capabilities to support on the above. Please note, there may be a small fee for companies attending but not yet confirmed. Companies are welcome to reach out to Laura Norris, in the Welsh Government Brussels Office, [email protected] for further details if interested in participating.
Head of Trade and Investment, Europe |Pennaeth Masnach a Mewnfuddsoddi, Ewrop
Welsh Government Brussels Office| Swyddfa Llywodraeth Cymru Brwsel
11 Rond-Point Schuman, 6th Floor, Brussels 1040, BELGIUM