You are invited to participate in an industry-focused webinar to discuss how British businesses can access export opportunities in the Turkish market and the UK’s plans to negotiate an upgraded Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Turkey.
UK-Turkey trade relationship
- The UK and Turkey are two powerhouse economies, with a thriving bilateral trade relationship which grew by more than 30% to £23.5 billion in the year to 2022.
- Turkey presents huge opportunities for British businesses, with UK companies already exporting to its growing market of 85 million people.
- An upgraded modern FTA will enhance access for British businesses to reach this growing population into the long-term future, and could also potentially lead to cheaper goods and more choice for UK consumers.
- We aim to sign a deal that incorporates the input from all nations and regions of the United Kingdom.
Call for Input from UK businesses
- On Thursday 2 November 2023 the Department for Business and Trade launched a call for input (CFI) on an upgraded FTA between the UK and Turkey.
- This CFI will run for 9 weeks until 5 January 2024 and provides an opportunity for stakeholders to provide valuable feedback and highlight their priorities in these negotiations.
- If you would like to submit a response to this CFI, please do so here:https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/trade-with-turkey-call-for-input.
Tuesday 12 December
13:00 – 14:00 (UK time)
Virtual using MS Teams
Alex Mulchrone, Deputy Chief Negotiator for UK-Tukey FTA
TBC rep from British Embassy in Turkey
Please RSVP to this event or have any inquiries or require further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to us [email protected].