This webinar forms part of a new series of Virtual Cyber Security Cluster meetings being run in collaboration with our strategic partners in the UAE and the Middle East Region.
We were proud to join with our Partners in the UAE celebrating their National Day, the 49th anniversary of the Emirates' unification. National Day is celebrated on December 2, the anniversary of the federal unification of the seven emirates in 1971.
The aim of our sessions is for Cyber Wales members to share guidance and expertise with people and organisations in the Middle East on the following critical topics:-
* The Cyber Threat Landscape - to better understand what we are up against
* Measuring Cyber Risk Posture - using Best Practice Frameworks
* Implementing Cyber Protection - with leading edge Systems & Technologies
* Building Cyber Awareness - by developing a cyber secure culture
These sessions are designed for change managers, heads of operations, heads of HR, chief information security officers, legal counsels and data protection officers and the agenda for the session will include:-
17:00 - Opening & Introductions from Mr Faheem Azhar, Cyber Wales Steering Group Member and Strategic Advisor for the UAE & the Middle East Region, and Mr John Davies, Co-Founder & Chair of the Cyber Wales Ecosystem.
17:10 - Our special guest speakers from the Middle East this month were:-
- Mr Ramachandru Tejavath, IAS Rtd, Cabinet Minister Rank, Special Representative of Government of Telangana, New Delhi, India, who agreed to deliver a talk on Cyber Digital Risk & Safety
- Mr Shajahan K Kakkattil, IT Quality Assurance Manager, Information Technology, Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry, who agreed to deliver a talk on Cyber Threat Landscape, Primarily orienting on Business Email Compromise related Threats
- Mr Ahad Mirbacha, Trade and Investment Adviser - Department for International Trade - British Embassy Kabul, who agreed to deliver a talk on Encouraging & Promoting Cyber Trade – Afghanistan & UK
- Mr Tareq Arian, Spokesperson to Ministry of Interior Afghanistan, who agreed to deliver a talk on Encouraging the Importance of General Public Cyber Security Awareness & Cyber Preparedness of Afghanistan
- Mr Mehzad Sahar, Group Head Information Security Engro Group Pakistan: An information Security C Level Executive, Keynote Speaker, Mentor, Author, Visionary and FinTech Security Leader to speak regarding Cyber Security related topic on ‘Know & Respect Your Pilot i.e. Privileged Administrators
- Mr Amadou A Bah, President, Gambia Cyber Security Alliance, who agreed to deliver a speech on Cyber Awareness
- Mr Ahsan Qamar, Director of Business Solutions, Wateen Telecom Pakistan, who agreed to share his views on the security and regulatory challenges customers are facing while migrating to public cloud, Pakistan. There are a couple of use cases that I would like to put in front of the other panelists and attendees and seek input from them on how they are addressing these challenges
- Mr Ahad Mirbacha Trade and Investment Adviser to Afghanistan, Department for International Trade, British Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan. His Topic was 'Encouraging Cyber Trade between Afghanistan and United Kingdom'
- Mr Mehzad Sahar Group Head of Information Security, Engro Group, Pakistan: An information Security C Level Executive, Keynote Speaker, Mentor, Author, Visionary and FinTech Security Leader who spoke regarding Cyber Security related topic on 'Know & Respect Your Pilot i.e. Privileged Administrators'.
18:15 - The talks were followed by Questions & Answers and an open discussion on the topics covered in this webinar.
These sessions are a great example of international collaboration and information sharing as Cyber Wales joins with the cyber community of the Middle East to share ideas and knowledge in the fight against cyber crime.