The National Digital Exploitation Centre (NDEC) is a joint initiative by the Welsh Government, tech company Thales, and the University of South Wales, to support digital growth across Wales. It does this by providing expertise in cyber security, project space and support, and research and development opportunities, along with education and training to help people into the industry, or to grow their personal cyber skills.
Currently, only 31% of the cyber security workforce in the UK are women, so for International Women's Day, the NDEC will virtually open its doors to show female students what it is like to work in the sector in an effort to inspire them to consider a future in cyber!
This experience is aimed at female students in Wales aged 14+ however, it is open to application to female students across the whole of the UK.
The day will include:
- An introduction to cyber security and the NDEC
- Hands on activities to give you a taste of what cyber involves
- Inspiring talks from women working in a range of cyber organisations
- Informative lectures about interesting cyber topics
- Opportunities to network with other girls interested in cyber
- Loads of information about employers and study opportunities in the sector
- Further opportunities for building your skills and gaining work experience in cyber